Friday, October 19, 2012

can't i just order that online?

One of the easiest, and most convenient things for me is to order EVERYTHING online. Between running a business, and trying to spend time with my family, fiance, and dog, I feel like I have NO TIME, whatsoever. So my first thought when I started the wedding planning process was, "I will just order everything online and that way I can do half the work." Buttttttt, as I have started to "shop around" for wedding items, I have turned a 180 and realized, I am buying NOTHING online haha. I have had way too much fun already with rummaging through thrift stores and comparing prices just to find a bargain. Doing it this way is much more time consuming, but definitely cheaper! I haven't had a chance to do a whole lot of wedding shopping just yet. But last weekend I made a small dent. here's some of the awesome deals I've scored so far:

2 "redneck" mason jar wine glasses-found at a yard sale for $5 each. we'll be using these for our toast with cake :)

a beautiful vintage chandelier from a thrift store for $10. i plan on hanging this in the middle of the barn. Matthew said he just needs 1 thing to fix it and it will work just fine.

22 strands of Christmas lights for $22 at a different thrift store. i plan on stringing these EVERYWHERE around the barn. still need a lot more, but thought this was an awesome start!

i also started my sheet collection. i'm using hay bales for guest seating during the ceremony, so i've got quite a few sheets to buy to cover those! i'm looking mostly for vintage floral prints. i bought 5 sheets for $5 at the same thrift store.

So.....my total spent so far on wedding things: roughly $47. i think i got a lot accomplished for under 50 bucks!



No comments:

Post a Comment