Wednesday, November 28, 2012

He must increase, I must decrease.

It's been a couple of weeks since I have written a blog post and I do apologize! I have been SLAMMED with everything basically. My life is oh so busy lately. Anyway, this past Sunday mine and Matthew's very first article for the Dream Wedding was published in the Times News. We received so many phone calls, emails, and text messages saying how excited everyone was for us. It honestly made my day! And thankfully,  our interview DID NOT publish Matthew's "uhh I don't know what I love about her" comment. Shew! 

So along with our article, another exciting, but sad event has occurred in our lives. I have decided to close down my shop in Kingsport. This decision is something I have been contemplating almost all year. This year has been so financially devastating for my business. I just don't have the traffic that I used to. So I have been looking for a more "professional" full-time job and I've found one. I honestly think during the time that I have been in business, there have been so many times where I have put myself and my store above God. I never want to do that. I want my life to belong to Him, including my possessions, my job, my dog, whatever! It is ALL God's. So me stepping down from owning a self-made business will hopefully draw me closer to God and in turn draw me closer to my family and to Matthew. I didn't want the financial burden of my business to affect our marriage in the long run. So for now, my business is closing December 31st. I'm not sure for how long, but I just know that God has a different plan for my life. And honestly even though I am losing a part of me, I am excited about my new adventures. And hopefully I can be a light to more people now that I have time to focus on other things. He must increase, I must decrease. John 3:30


2 comments:

  1. Laura, I am a little sad because I love looking at the pics from your store on facebook and I wish I lived closer to come visit. But it reminds me of You've Got Mail when they say that closing the store is the brave thing to do. I'm so excited for your dream wedding! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Meghan! lol I do think it is the brave thing to do...I am sad, but also super excited about all of the changes! I plan on embracing it :) and I will most definitely keep everyone posted!

    ReplyDelete