Thursday, November 8, 2012

paparazzi!

so..it's been a few since I've written a blog post and I apologize! I have been oober busy trying to get ready for this huge sale at my store (which is today) so I haven't had much time to blog. Anyway, this past Sunday Matthew and I FINALLY got to have our engagement pictures taken. The first thing I did after I told all my friends and family that we were engaged, was book an appointment for engagement pictures. Mainly because I have known for almost 2 years who I wanted to take our pictures! We have waited almost 5 months for these, which felt like forever! One of my very best friends Kayla is an awesome photographer with her husband Andy. Their work is amazing! Remember the barn on my family farm that we had planned on using for our ceremony site? Well, that's where we got our pictures taken :) I was so worried it was going to rain, but thank the good Lord it didn't! It was a tad cold, but the clouds made the mountain setting look awesome. Matthew and I have never had professional pictures taken. EVER. So honestly, I was kinda nervous. We are both so awkward anyway, so I knew there would be some not so great shots of us lol. But Kayla and Andy made us both feel so comfortable! Mainly because we are BFF to begin with! But we goofed off and acted like ourselves the whole time, which made for some spectacular pictures. seriously. There is not one single picture that I have seen so far that I haven't been completely IN LOVE with. It could be because I am pictured with the love of my life in every single shot, maybe? ;) Anyway, here is the link to their blog post featuring us, so go leave them some comments! Oh yeah, and book them for your next photo op!

http://andrewerinphoto.com/engagement/laura-matthew-gate-city-va/#comment-183

My advice to brides-to-be trying to find a wedding photographer: Research! If you find a photographer who just does "OK" work, then you will just have OK pictures. Nothing great. Spend the extra money and find someone who is awesome. Pictures are FOREVER. Remember that. I am so so blessed to have friends like Andy and Kayla who do amazing work, so I didn't have to look anywhere else! Happy wedding planning :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment