Sunday, January 27, 2013

Busy Bride

Well besides work, I have actually been busy planning our wedding :)
I have set aside some time lately to focus on different wedding things, and I'm pretty proud of that! I told my mom the other day that my plan was to just buckle down and pick something I liked and stick with it, no matter what. So that's what I'm doing!

I wrote in my last blog post about ordering our save the date cards. Sad thing is, I picked out "post card" save the dates, so the back was literally a postcard where you wrote the address and placed the stamp. I didn't think that would be very pretty, so we chose another save the date, which I love MUCH more. My sister-in-law helped me choose this one. Sorry for the crappy picture from my phone. But these have arrived, so I just need to address some envelopes and send these babies!


We have that checked off the list :) We also made a decision about where we are honeymooning! Our plan is to stay at Sandals either in Jamaica or St. Lucia. We want somewhere that's all-inclusive and tropical, so I think we won't be disappointed! I am hopefully going to make time to talk with a travel agent about that tomorrow errr or sometime this week when I'm not working lol. I also made a decision about the style/color for my bridesmaid dresses too, but that isn't set in stone, so I don't want to give it away just yet ;)

Another thing I have been thinking about a lot is decor for the reception. Ok, I have been thinking about that since the day we got engaged......but I have so many Pinterest wedding projects pinned that I need to eliminate a few haha. One of the things I definitely want to do is a memory ladder like this one:


It's still my style of rustic, and a great way to show pictures of our loved ones that we have lost. It's much prettier than just a table. I also started collecting some awesome antique frames of different sizes for the pictures.

Our next two vendor meetings are in February for our photography and for our flowers, so I am sort of waiting to make any decisions regarding those two, but of course I've been pinning things like CRAZY!!

Oh, and also our second article was published today! :)


Other than that, you haven't missed much :)

I hope this has inspired all of you brides!
happy planning xoxo

1 comment:

  1. very helpful tips! Thanks for sharing! love your ideas!

    Unique Wedding Favors

    ReplyDelete