Wednesday, February 6, 2013

pictures are forever.

Besides work, wedding planning, and a horrible eye infection, I haven't been that busy.

This past Monday night, Matthew and I met with our 3rd vendor (and one of my favorites), our photographer, Anna Hedges. Let me start off by saying she is hilarious! She probably has one of the best personalities of anyone I have ever met. Which makes me super excited for our wedding to be shot by her!

I think I have mentioned before that our original plan was to get Andy and Kayla Stacy (our good photography friends who shot our engagement pictures) to shoot our wedding too. So when we found out that we won the Dream Wedding, I will admit I was a little sad and worried that they might be too. But, it turns out that Anna actually took Andy and Kayla's engagement pictures a couple of years ago! Remember how I keep saying God is working everything out for Matthew and me? Well, there's another perfect example! He is so good to us.

One of the things we have been debating on, is whether or not to do a "first look" on our wedding day. My mother will probably kill me, but during our meeting with Anna, we decided to go for it. First looks are becoming more and more popular now, and I can't wait to have that moment captured. I think doing a first look just between just the two of us will be much more personal and will mean a lot more when we look back on our wedding pictures. I'm still old-fashioned at heart, but that doesn't mean I think Matthew and I will end up divorcing because of this first look we're doing haha.

Still not convinced that it's a good idea?
First looks are beneficial in sooooo many ways! Trust this OCD bride when I tell you that I have done a TON of research on first looks and why they are a great choice. My top 3 reasons for doing a first look:
1. Alone Time. I know we are going be so busy worrying about our guests and everyone else except ourselves on our wedding day. Matthew and I have always been that way. A first look with give US a chance to spend some time together before the craziness starts. Most importantly, it will give us a few moments to soak in the day and realize, "Wow, we're getting married!" And of course tell each other how in love we are and blah blah blah :)

2. More family pictures. A first look will also allow more time for family pictures to be taken. I have been to plenty of weddings where the photographer rushed everyone, and there was no time for family pictures. And then the bride and groom are disappointed with only 1 or 2 good pictures with their relatives. I want to have pictures of me and Matthew with our families on our special day. Doing a first look will get our pictures out of the way, so we can have more time to spend with our families and capture those sweet moments too :)

3. Control. Not only will the first look help us with our time frame for the day, but we will get to have it captured at a location that's not at the Carnegie. There are some great intimate settings in the Johnson City area, so having our first look shot somewhere private (instead of when I walk down the aisle), will look so much more personal and romantic in pictures. And trust me, I want romantic!

Here's an awesome photography blog that might persuade you a little more ;) http://jessbarfield.com/blog/info/why-first-look/


SEE?!?!?! talk about awesome!!!


Anna also talked with us about all of the photography details of our big day. She's capturing everything! And I can't wait! I know we won't be disappointed with her as our photographer. Here's our picture with her we're submitting for the paper. Of course we had to have the buffalo in it :) LOL

And Matthew with the buffalo....




I hope this was a helpful blog post and that all of your traditional brides will consider doing a first look. I don't think you will be disappointed.

 Happy wedding planning xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment