Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Budget Savvy Honeymoon.

Matthew and I have been "researching" a honeymoon spot ever since we got engaged. We got so frustrated at one point that we were almost decided on not having a honeymoon at all. I had looked at the Sandals website a million times thinking that it would be the best deal for our money since they are all-inclusive resorts. I also know several people who have honeymooned and vacationed at a Sandals and they said it was the best trip of their life. So needless to say, I was determined. 

We looked at all of the locations for Sandals, and decided on Jamaica. We picked a room, when we were going to stay, and wrote down exactly how much money we needed to pay for the trip in full (not including plane tickets or passports). Last week when we got paid, we both took money from our paychecks to give to the "honeymoon fund." I was waiting until this Monday to make the deposit to my bank, and then found out it was closed for President's Day. So yesterday, I deposited our cash and decided to book our honeymoon on my lunch break at work lol. When I started looking at the website there was a countdown for the discount they had been offering, which was ending that day. And because I had waited until the last minute to book our room, it was reduced by almost $300. I was so excited! Like I keep saying, God is blessing us in tremendous ways throughout this whole wedding planning process! I am so thankful and humbled. I am also super glad that we were able to pay cash for our honeymoon instead of putting it on a credit card or taking out a loan. I have been pretty budget savvy lately and I absolutely refused to take a honeymoon unless we paid cash. Matthew probably thinks I'm psycho, but he will thank me one day...I hope.

After my calculations, and our 60% off deal from Sandals, we saved a total of $2,211.00. I can't wait to have an awesome honeymoon at an all-inclusive resort! I honestly think that we will be saving money in the long run because food, drinks, tips, and a TON of other things are all included in the cost! Sandals runs discounts like this all the time, so it may be the best choice for you, too. So, my advice (as usual) when it comes to brides everywhere regarding your honeymoon---RESEARCH. I was about to give up, but God led us in a different direction and now we are honeymooning somewhere beautiful and tropical! Jamaica, here we come!


Let's hope the water really does look like that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment