Monday, April 15, 2013

Non-Wedding Post.

For starters, this is a NON wedding post. So if you are looking for wedding tips or advice, you will have to skip this one. Sorry! I need a little "me" blogging time.

This weekend I deleted my Facebook. Before you say anything, I know that sounds stupid and childish. But, coming from someone who has SADLY been a social networking queen for the past 5 years, IT'S A BIG DEAL. I have been dealing with a lot of different issues lately. Some good, some bad. But mostly having a hard time letting go of things. I dwell on everything. For days. And it is so annoying. But I'm working on it! Lord knows I want to give up my burdens to him, and I do most times. But sometimes, I take part of them back, and start dwelling. So, to help me with my "dwelling" issues, I deleted my Facebook. I honestly have thought about deleting it a million times, but I knew I would die without it. So I hesitated. But something came over me this weekend and I took the plunge. It was an instant weight lifted off of me. Crazy, right??!?!? I have never felt so at peace about something so insignificant as that! It was amazing. I made Matthew promise to keep me in check and make sure I don't go back.

My main reason for deleting it is TIME. I say I don't have time to exercise. I don't have time to pray. I don't have time to read my Bible. I don't have time to INSERT WORD HERE. But yet, I had time to play on Facebook all day? hypocrite.

Another reason I deleted it? OMGGGG did you see what she did this weekend?! Yeah.....that should be enough for anyone to delete their Facebook. Whyyyyyyyyyyy do I care? I'm not sure, but hopefully now I will never know what anyone did or is doing and vice versa.

Yes, I am a little sad that now I won't be able to flaunt my wedding and honeymoon photos for everyone to see, but why do I need to do that? I want to please God and not be so concerned with things of this world. Lord, help me! This is going to be rough, but I know I can do it. Facebook is something man-made that doesn't even concern my God. He is so much bigger than that. I'm thankful he loves me even when I am a Facebook drama queen :) Here's to hoping I will spend my extra time in His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment